Region: – Himachal
Duration: – 11 Days
Grade: – Difficult
Max Altitude: – 17,500 Ft
Approx. Trekking Distance covered: 110 Kms
Pin Parvati Pass trek is challenging because of the walk over the glaciers. We will begin in the Parvati Valley in Kullu and end in Pin Valley in Spiti. The trek begins in Manikaran. We will come across several villages, alpine mountains, meadows and lakes. We will come across glaciers as we trek upstream, the Parvati River. Before reaching Spiti Valley, we will cross the Pin Parvati Pass 5219m (17,122 ft.). This is the highest point of our trek. We will explore valleys of Spiti and the monasteries before driving back to Manali through Kaza and Rohtang Pass.
Day 01: Arrival early 7:00am at Manali-Chandertal camp.
- Arrive early morning at 7:00am at THE ADVENTURE GATE office in Manali, near SBI Bank.
- Have Breakfast.
- Move to Chandertal via Tempo Traveller.
- Lunch at Chattru.
- Reach at 2pm.
- 7kms before Chandertal will start trek for Chandertal.
- For acclimatization trek we will reach Chandertal camp.
- Have tea snacks.
- Soup, dinner and overnight stay at camp.
Day 02: Chandertal to Mudd
- Today we will go to Mudd in a Tempo Traveler.
- Mudd is the Last Village of pin valley.
- Pack lunch at Kaza.
- Around 3:00pm reach Mudd village.
- From there it is a 20-minute trek to Mudd camp.
- Tea and snack in the evening.
- Soup, dinner and overnight stay at Mudd Camp.
Day 3: Mudd to Wichkurung Thatch
- It is a 4-5 hour walk from Mud village.
- The whole route is on a broad mud road till Wichkurung Thach.
- he views of the Spiti valley are incredible.
- Evening reach Wichkurung Thach camp.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Camp.
Day 04: Wichkurung Thatch to Pin valley side camp
- The trail gets better as we proceed through the Pin Parvati Valley.
- We will also have to cross a few streams, so a pair of trainer shoes in your day bag would suffice.
- Edelweiss’ and other flowers can be seen along the way.
- The mountains change colors which is unique.
- In the evening, the sunlight will make the scenery even more beautiful.
- We will then reach the small picturesque village of Pin base which is on the river side.
- Tea and snacks will be provided in the evening.
- Soup, dinner and overnight stay at base camp.
Day 05: Pin valley side camp to Camp1 .4800mtr
- Start trek for CAMP1.
- It is a 5-hour trek.
- We will go through big boulder valleys.
- We will follow the mountain ridge, cross the glacier and in the evening reach CAMP1
- This area is a glacier area. We will pitch the tents on the glacier.
- Next day from this point, the Pin pass will be easy to cross.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Camp 1.
Day 06: Camp1 .4800mtr-PIN PASS-Mantalai Lake
- It is an easy trek all the way to the pass
- We will start the trek at 9:30am and at around11:00amwe will summit and cross the pass.
- We will spend half an hour at the pass and after clicking photos we will descend to Mantalai lake camp.
- We will will see the beautiful green, lush area while descending down.
- We will see the origin of Parvati River.
- Evening reach Mantalai camp.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Mantalai camp.
Day 07: Mantalai (13400 Ft, 5 hours) to Thakurkuan
- We will continue our walk gradually and descend on the right bank of the Parvati River.
- Thakurkuan is a big meadow with a big ground having the rock face area on one side
- Evening reach Thakurkuan camp
- Tea and snacks will be provided in the evening
- Soup, dinner and overnight stay at camp.
Day 08: Thakur Kuan (11,000ft, 5 hours) to Tunda Bhuj
- The trail becomes different here and there are two very beautiful points here.
- We will cross through a profusion of wild flowers, iris, buttercups, poppies, phulumises etc.
- As you begin to gain some altitude, the scenery becomes prettier.
- The initial descend across the Pandu Bridge, consists of two huge rocks over the river.
- Many shepherds can be seen with their flocks on this route.
- We will have reached the campsite in the evening.
Day 09: Tunda Bhuj (10,500ft, 5 hours) to Khirganga
- There are two trails – trekkers tend to use the lower one, which goes through the fields of wild flowers.
- This is a holy place of Lord Shiva. There is one hot spring “kundh”. People come here for a holy bath,
- After a long trek you can take a dip in the hot water “kundh”
- In the evening tea and snacks will be provided.
- Soup, bonfire, dinner and overnight stay at camp.
Day 10: Khirganga to Barshaini- Manali via Tempo Traveler.
- There is one trail till Barshaini to Vehicle point.
- On this trail you will see people doing the trek to Keerganga,
- You can interact with local villagers.
- At 3:00pm we will reach the Vehicle point and drive to Manali in a Tempo Traveler.
This is a buffer day and we might end up camping for an extra night if there is some change in weather or if someone falls sick.
Cost: – INR 23,500/-
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping).
- Meals while on trek (Veg.).
Transport till road head and return. (Kullu to Barsheni and return to Manali).
Trek equipment like sleeping bag, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, mattress, and crampons.
One night accommodation in Kaza on Day 10 (As per itinerary) twin/triple sharing.
Qualified & experienced trek leader, guide and support staff.
First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
- Porter to carry personal luggage.
Hotel accommodation in Manali.
Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Inclusions” section.
Trekker must have done at least one Himalayan trek before (14000 Ft.)
Normally TTH expects you to carry your personal luggage on your own; if you don’t want to carry your backpack you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and you will have to pay Rs. 400/- extra per day per bag.
To book the Trek/adventure program please call us on the given number. For confirmation of tour you have to deposit the initial amount via bank transfer.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fees can be paid by online bank transfer/check/demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please send us a confirmation e-mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your booking.
Get in touch
For more details, please call +91-8087698461.