TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BuffyFish are organizers of offbeat and fun trips around the world.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before booking any Trips/Holidays/Tours/Events with BuffyFish.
The term BuffyFish, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘company’ refers to the company/owner of BuffyFish. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or customer or the client or the guest or the whole group or the person who makes the booking for a trip/holiday/tour/event with BuffyFish.
The term trips means any holiday/tour/trip/event organized by BuffyFish within India or overseas.
The term trip/tour/event/holiday guide/escort/assistant/manager/leader/representative or any other designation assigned to that person by BuffyFish, means that this is a person designated by BuffyFish to escort/guide/assist/help you in the trip that has been organized by BuffyFish in India or overseas.
If there is a reference of a masculine gender, it shall also include the feminine gender and vice versa.
Meal(s)/Food means Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner or any other snack(s) provided during the trip/tour/holiday with BuffyFish
The term first day will be the day when you arrive at the first destination. This can be at any time (morning, noon, evening, night) depending on the arrival of the flight/train/ship or any other mode of transport. The term last day will be the day you depart for your home town/city/country.
The term ‘Force Majeure’ means an event or a situation or a circumstance beyond reasonable control, directly or indirectly, of BuffyFish, in its ability to perform its obligations/responsibilities regarding the tour/trip/holiday/event. Please read the section ‘Force Majeure’ given below for more details.
Although BuffyFish takes utmost care of our customers, BuffyFish shall not be held responsible for any harm, injury, loss, death, damage caused by default, omission or act of employees or management of any such agencies or third party contractors
From time to time, BuffyFish may have to take offline, the website, for maintenance work. BuffyFish does not give any assurance or warranty of any kind for the availability of the website at any time.
BuffyFish may update these terms and conditions stated below, from time to time without prior notice. When we do update these terms and conditions, they will be effective from the day they have been published on the website. Please ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions before you go ahead with any booking/cancellation of your trip/tour/holiday/event.
On denial and/or disagreement of the terms and conditions, bookings/cancellations for our trips/tours/holiday/event cannot be completed.
If you have any queries/concerns about the terms and conditions please do not hesitate to give us a call on +91-9158351185 or send us an email on email@example.com
The company BuffyFish, has its registered office at BuffyFish, S/9, Om Shree Shanti Complex, 127/1, Opp. Chidanand, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune – 411021, India.
Experience, explore and rediscover yourself while travelling with us on offbeat journeys within India. We, at BuffyFish, strive to make each of your trips interesting, memorable and a whole lot of fun!
Before starting our journey together, we advise you to carefully read and understand the terms and conditions set forth here with. Please note that the terms and conditions are subject to change at any point in time without any prior notice, hence it’s best that you check it for any updates before booking with us.
Please note that these terms and conditions apply to domestic travel i.e. travel with India.
These terms and conditions will be in effect from 1st April 2015.
While making a booking with us, you agree to:
- Provide us your complete information correctly and accurately
- Update us with your details in case of any changes at any point in time before or during the period of your undertaken trip with us. If at any point in time it is found that the information provided by you in incorrect, inaccurate, untrue or incomplete, then BuffyFish has the right to cancel any bookings that you may have made and forfeit the booking amount, while also reserving the right to offer any future service.
Following details also need to be provided at the time of registration:
- SPECIAL NEEDS – BuffyFish will make a reasonable attempt, and try, but cannot guarantee to accommodate a person with special needs. This however, needs to be conveyed to the BuffyFish representative at the time of booking. BuffyFish will not be held responsible if it is unable fulfill the special needs, under any circumstances like denial by hotels, guides, third-party operators etc.
- MEAL PREFERENCES – Meal preferences must be mentioned during booking. Special meals can be provided on request basis only. BuffyFish does not guarantee any special meal requests nor will it be liable if your special meal requirements are not fulfilled.
- ALLERGIES – Please also state the allergies that you might have that might be caused due to certain food items, dust, pollen or any other animal or particles.
BOOKING & AMENDMENT
All prices mentioned for a particular trip are based on various external factors, not limited to, but including – exchange rate, ticket rates etc., and are subject to change without prior notice. BuffyFish will try to do everything in its capacity to maintain the listed price; however, in case of any change in the listed price before making the final bookings, BuffyFish will be inform you and will not proceed until a full payment is received by us.
To avail of low ticket prices for flights, please book as early as possible. Prices will fluctuate and rise if you book late. And yes, we do offer early bird discounts
For booking enquires call/email us on +91-9158351185 / bookings@BuffyFish .com
Bookings can be initiated by paying 25% of the total cost of the trip. This will be a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit per traveler, per tour, which will constitute your first installment. To ensure the booking is confirmed, you need to make the full payment 45 days prior to the scheduled departure date from your home country/home city.
All bookings must be paid for in full 45 days prior to the scheduled departure date from your home country/city, unless you have booked within 45 days of the scheduled departure date from your home country/city, in which case you will need to make a full payment at the time of booking itself. In case you fail to make the full payment in time, then BuffyFish reserves the right to cancel the booking with the forfeiture of the deposit and the deduction of the cancellation charges.
Payments can be made by using the following options:
- Local ‘Account Payee’ cheque
- Demand Draft
- Cash payment to a BuffyFish representative (ensure you collect a stamped receipt for the same)
- Wired Bank Transfer
|Branch Address of Bank||Axis Bank, Aundh, Pune (MH), Pune – 411007|
- Overwriting a cheque is not allowed as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) rules.
- PAN details are mandatory in case of cash payment.
- The cost mentioned for any trip does not include Service Tax, which will be added to the invoice, as applicable from time to time.
- In certain cities around the world where city taxes are applicable, they will be charged separately as and when applicable.
- AMENDMENT FEES
You can make amendments in terms of departure date or trip, subject to availability of an alternate departure date (please check our website for itinerary details) or a seat on the new trip selected by you. You will be required to pay an amendment fee of Indian Rupees Five Thousand (INR 5000) per traveler, per trip, unless the booking amount is more, in which case you will be required to make the additional payment to finalize your new booking.
Any amendments received within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and a nominal cancellation fee will be levied, the only exception being when the change is made to an earlier departure date of equivalent or greater value, in which case Indian Rupees Five Thousand (INR 5000) per traveler, per trip amendment fees will be charged.
All amendments will be entertained at the sole discretion of BuffyFish.
- TRIP TRANSFER
The trip booking cannot be transferred to another customer/client.
- Travel Checklist for trips within India
- Ensure that you carry a valid Photo Identity (ID) proof like driver’s licence, valid passport, voter’s ID card, Aadhaar card etc. PAN Card is not a valid ID proof anymore. Ensure that you carry all the flight/railway tickets, booking reference numbers, screen shots of the booking etc. with you before you commence your journey.
- Verify and validate all your travel documents before confirming the booking.
- Also note that all the travel documents are your responsibility. BuffyFish will not act as the custodian of your travel documents while travelling. BuffyFish will not be held responsible should you lose or misplace your travel documents.
- Minors i.e. 18 years or less will need to be accompanied by your parent(s) or by your guardian. You will be required to produce the necessary documents that show your proof of age, during the booking process and on the trip if asked by a BuffyFish representative or any other government official.
Once the booking is made, BuffyFish will inform you about the date of departure.
On the date of departure, if you are traveling by yourself or are a part of a group, then please ensure that you and everyone from the group are at the specified location 30 minutes prior to departure time. BuffyFish will not be responsible for delay that might lead to missing a connecting service. If someone from the group doesn’t show up or shows up late, then BuffyFish reserves the right to cancel the entire group booking and forfeiture of the entire trip cost.
BuffyFish at its sole discretion, also reserves the right, to cancel the booking of that individual, whether or not from the group, and the forfeiture of that individual’s trip cost.
ADHERENCE TO SCHEDULE
Please ensure you carry a working alarm clock with extra working batteries. If, during the trip, at a particular location, BuffyFish requires you to wake up early in the morning to start the day as per schedule, you will be required to do so.
You will be required to gather at the common meeting point (which will be shown to you the previous night), 20 minutes prior to departure. Failing to do so might result in missing a connecting flight, bus, ferry, or cruise. BuffyFish representatives/tour guides or any of the other customers will not wait for you and you might end up missing the day’s itinerary.
BuffyFish representatives will try to adhere to the stated itinerary and schedule.
LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
While travelling please ensure that you have all your personal belongings with you. BuffyFish, the guides/representatives working with BuffyFish or local partners will not be responsible for any loss or theft of these personal belongings that occurs under any circumstances during the trip/tour/holiday. In case the personal belongings go missing, then the BuffyFish tour guide should be notified immediately.
LOSS OF PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
While traveling, should you lose your passport or travel documents, please notify the BuffyFish representative/guide immediately. The BuffyFish representative will be there to assist you with further instructions.
However, BuffyFish will not bear the costs that you might incur in case you need to file for a new/duplicate passport.
You will need to visit the local police station in that city/area and your country’s embassy or consulate. The embassy or the consulate might be in another city and you might have to travel to that city. You will not be permitted to leave the country without a valid passport. BuffyFish will not be held responsible for such a situation that might occur. In such cases BuffyFish will not bear the costs of transport to the police station or cost of transport to your country’s embassy or consulate. BuffyFish will not bear the costs of food, stay and any additional transport or change in flight that might be incurred by you.
CHECKING-IN AND COLLECTING YOUR BAGGAGE
You are responsible for checking in and collecting your own baggage at the airports. If the baggage is misplaced by the airlines operators then BuffyFish will not be held responsible for the same.
You are also responsible for all your personal belongings.
FRIENDS, RELATIVES & PERSONS NOT ON THE TOUR
Any other friend or a relative of the person who is travelling with BuffyFish, who has not booked the tour/trip/holiday through us, will not be able to avail of any of the services provided by BuffyFish. This means that the friend or relative of the person travelling with BuffyFish will not be allowed to:
- enter the hotel rooms,
- share meals,
- enter the vehicles in which the other BuffyFish travelers are present,
- participate in BuffyFish ’s sight-seeing tour or any other planned activities
It is mandatory for the person travelling with BuffyFish to have a valid travel insurance policy that covers all of the following
- Personal Accident
- Public Liability
- Medical Expenses
- Personal Baggage
Please let the BuffyFish representative know if an insurance policy cannot be procured before the booking has been confirmed. BuffyFish will try, but not guarantee, to procure an insurance policy for you. You will be notified of the insurance policy charges, which will be applied separately.
REVISION IN ITINERARY
BuffyFish reserves the right to make revisions to the itinerary at any given point in time without prior notice. There could be various reasons for a revision in the itinerary, few of which have been listed below:
- Cancellation due to local or national holidays – As BuffyFish has no control over local or national or weekly holidays or special events and religious occasions, certain places to visit such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, and shopping may be limited or unavailable. Alternatives suggestions will be made if possible.
- Changes to the itinerary in case of Force Majeure – In case of natural calamities or situations/circumstances that are not in our control like natural disasters, adverse climatic conditions, destruction or damage to places or things that are directly or indirectly connected to the trip, nuclear disasters, wars, disorder, invasions, revolution, civil war, acts of social unrest, riots, commotions, curfew or exercise of legislative, municipal, military or other authority, sudden acts/decisions by the governments of that country, strikes, industrial action, requisition of equipment, technical or mechanical breakdown, fuel shortage, bankruptcy or default of any transporter or service related to a holiday, epidemics or the threat thereof, illness, floods, thunderstorms and lightning, tsunamis, earthquakes, fire, and acts of God, exposure to nuclear radiation, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, structural or other defective conditions in hotels or other lodging facilities, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely, traffic on the roads, abnormal weather, hurricanes, typhoons, heavy rains, cloud bursts, sudden increase or decrease of temperatures, dangers associated with animals, marine life, or vegetation of any sort, dangers incident to recreational activities such as kayaking, sailing, canoeing, rafting, hiking, bicycling, etc., sanitation problems, food poisoning, lack of, access to or quality of medical care, difficulty in evacuation in case of medical or other emergency, negligence of shipboard or other physicians or medical personnel or any other reason not mentioned herewith, BuffyFish can make changes or alterations or cancellations at its sole discretion in such situations and BuffyFish will not be held liable for any of the situations listed above.
- Minimum number of bookings – Prerequisites for any particular trip of BuffyFish are that there needs to be a specified minimum number of bookings and BuffyFish will be obliged to provide the same depending on number of bookings received. This implies that if BuffyFish does not receive the required minimum number of bookings or due to cancellations or transfers by Clients or otherwise, BuffyFish can cancel or curtail the trips any time before 15 days of the scheduled departure date. BuffyFish shall notify the Client within 7 days of any cancellation or curtailment and give an explanation for the same.
- Services Beyond Control – BuffyFish has no control over services that are provided on the cruises, ferries, trains and buses that operate in the area of the trip. BuffyFish has no control over the services that are offered by the hotels and restaurants in the area of the trip. These services are provided by local operators or other third parties that work independently.
- Delays on the trip – BuffyFish will not be responsible for reimbursement for delays caused due to rise in river levels, bad road conditions, government interventions, transportation delays, bad weather or trail conditions.
PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEOS
BuffyFish representatives/guides who are on the trip will click images or will shoot videos of you. These images or videos might be used by us, in our promotional material like brochures, flyers, banners, posters or websites without your consent, without you asking for any sort of payment or remuneration of any kind. BuffyFish may consider a case where you object to the picture being used in such promotional material before or after it has been published.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
When you register for a BuffyFish trip/holiday/tour, you need to acknowledge that you are undertaking potential dangerous activities, some in the remote areas of the world, with a risk of illness, injury or death that might occur by forces of nature, illness or wilful or criminal conduct of third parties or by terrorism. You further acknowledge that weather conditions may be adverse, severe or unpleasant and that medical facilities may not be readily available or accessible during that time during which you are participating on the trip.
BUFFYFISH GUIDES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON THE TRIP
Please treat the BuffyFish representatives/guides on the trip with respect. They are there to assist you and make your trip comfortable. Please do not expect them to carry or keep your luggage or handle personal belongings or valuable items. Please do not harass them in any which way. The instructions given by BuffyFish guides should be followed by you and everyone in your group. If instructions are overruled by you then BuffyFish will not be responsible for the resulting consequences. In cases where BuffyFish representative asks the customer/you to leave the trip, because of misconduct on the trip, BuffyFish will not pay back any amount of the trip paid by the customer/you back to the customer/you.
Please check the individual trips detail page to find out what is included in the cost of the trip that you have selected. For any other information, please get in touch with a BuffyFish representative.
On all the trips, airfare, railway bookings, visa processing and insurance is not included in the cost. On certain trips, cost of food is not included in the cost. You will have to pay separately for food, water etc. Please check the trips detail page on the website to find out what is included and what is not included.
Tips for the operators are included in the cost. Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcohol charges or any personal expenses like shopping expenses or personal medical expenses are not included in the cost.
The accommodation will be distributed on a shared basis. You will stay in different types of hostels or hotels or homestays or camp grounds depending on the country/city/town/village that you are visiting. If it is a hostel, then the rooms will bunker beds. If it is a hotel then the room will have single beds, twin type beds and double beds. Tented accommodation will be provided if you are camping out in the wilderness or in remote locations such as Ladakh in North India.
If you have any complaints against any of the other group members travelling with you or are not comfortable sharing accommodation then please let the BuffyFish guide on the trip know immediately.
DEVIATION FROM THE GROUP
Ensure that you are with the group at all given times. Do not deviate from the group. If you wish to do so, then please inform the BuffyFish guide who is on the trip. If the BuffyFish guide/representative lets you go only then you may deviate from the group. BuffyFish will not be responsible if you get lost during the trip.
In case of any third-party damages or claims or actions or remedies, you will agree to indemnify with BuffyFish. BuffyFish will not be responsible for any of these charges.
SMOKING, DRINKING and USE OF DRUGS
At the sole discretion of the BuffyFish representative traveling with you or your group on the trip, you or your group might be denied the right to smoke or consume alcohol or use drugs while on the trip, while traveling on a car, bus, train, ferry, or any other vehicle from one city/town/village to another. All laws that are applicable, for overseas travel or travel in India, for smoking or using drugs in public will apply to you. You will thereby be required to adhere to these laws strictly. Failing to do so might result in you paying a fine as per the laws of that area/city/country. In such cases, BuffyFish will not be liable to pay these fines under any circumstances.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
All the terms and conditions stated above shall be governed by the laws of Republic of India. Any claims or disputes that arise during the trip against BuffyFish shall be subject to the court in Pune only.